Monday, March 18, 2019

Deathstalker (1983)

Synopsis: A warrior, Deathstalker, enters a fighting tournament hosted by an evil wizard in order to gain ultimate power (and maybe rescue a princess).

The Good: The movie is full of cheese and cheesecake. Despite it's low quality it's actually kind of entertaining and it's only 80 minutes. Also, there's a pig faced orc!

The Bad: The plot doesn't make sense, the acting is bad, and the whole thing looks like an uncensored 80's hair metal video. The nudity is gratuitous and I'm not quite sure when the film is set, but apparently it was before the invention of consent.

Final Thoughts: Though you don't see his name on the poster, this was produced by Roger Corman, and it shows. This flick was an obvious Conan cash grab.

In Your Game:

True Orc
These pig-faced marauders are the true and original orcs, not the green-skinned brutes that most know. They are extremely strong and crude, loving little more than pillaging and feasting.
HP: 20
Evade: 14
Armor Point: 2 (Natural) 3 (Armor)
Bonus: +3 to Attack, +3 to Damage
Attack: By Weapon
Special: Advantage on all attack rolls when at 5 HP or fewer


4 comments:

  1. If you think this plot makes no sence, strap
    In for the insanity of the sequels: https://heropresstwo.blogspot.com/search/label/Deathstalker%20Week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get a hold of all of them again and do Deathstalker Week 2.0 (with the addition of Barbarian Queen).

      Delete
    2. Pretty sure they're all still in my collection. Although I can't recall if I've seen Barbarian Queen or not. Rereading my old reviews, I'm not sure I can improve on what I said then ;-)

      But I have tinkered a bit with the bonus game stuff I added to some, as I slowly revise (and simplify) all my old houserules into a unified system.

      Delete
  2. Love this cheesy sword and sorcery flick!

    ReplyDelete