Friday, June 21, 2019

Wolf Creek 2 (2005)


Synopsis: Paul is a young British man vacationing in Australia. His life is changed when he comes across a distraught woman, a victim of Mick Taylor. When a bullet meant for Paul kills her, Mick sets his sights on punishing Paul. This leads to a grueling cat and mouse game through the outback that leads to a horrific confrontation.

The Good: John Jarratt is just as great in this one. Mick is a fantastic villain and as my friend Melissa from Horror Geek Life pointed out, a human version of Freddy Krueger. He makes you laugh then he reminds you just how fucked up he really is. Also, unlike the original, starts out with a bang and the horror and suspense is just amped up from there.

The Bad: Mick is going to offend folks... but that's what you get with a xenophobic misogynistic killer.

Final Thoughts: I liked this movie a lot more than the first. Still haven't decided if I'm going to check out the tv series, but I like Jarratt enough that I just might.

In Your Game: Since I've already statted Mick for Vigilante City, I thought I'd give him World of Darkness stats. Because of how messed up he and the fact Rage Across Australia was one of my first White Wolf books, I'm going to say he's Black Spiral Dancer kinfolk.

Mick Taylor
Attribute: Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 4, Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2, Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 3
Health Levels: OK, OK, OK, -1, -1, -2, -2, -5, Incapacitated
Attack: Large Knife - 5 dice (Str+1 lethal damage), Rifle 6 dice (8 damage, lethal)
Abilities: Athletics 2, Brawl 3, Dodge 4, Intimidation 5, Repair 4, Drive 3, Firearms 4, Melee 4, Survival 4, Stealth 3
Special: Immune to Delirium
Willpower: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment