Friday, August 23, 2019

Islands + Aswangs Kickstarter

Last night (while I should have been sleeping), I came across a cool project on Kickstarter. Islands + Aswangs is an illustrated book of Filipino folklore for use with 5E. It is made up of stories the creators were told by their families, passed down through the generations. I think this is a great project because it brings some great cultural content to those of Filipino heritage and new myths and legends for the rest of us to learn and enjoy. This seems like a win-win to me.

I'm always on the lookout for new content that's not based on European legends and folklore and this is write up my alley. Plus, I've wanted to do a pirate/explorer game and this seems like a great book for a campaign of that nature.

Above all else the sample pages look absolutely gorgeous. Even if it didn't have 5e content, there's a good chance I'd back this one.

You can check out Islands + Aswangs here. The project is funded and goes will be going to print in the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment