Monday, August 2, 2021

#RPGaDay2021 - Day 02

I rolled randomly for today's topic and got Map. Obviously maps play an important part in gaming. Even if your group doesn't use tactical battle mats, you likely have a player that will map out the dungeons you explore. A great map can really add to a game. There are some phenomenal map makers in the gaming word. Two the come to mind are Dyson Logos and Devan Rue. While they both do amazing work, today I want to talk about my favorite fantasy cartographer, skullfungus. Here are a few samples of his work:




His maps are phenomenal. They feel alive. I think that's what I really love about them. I look at them and don't just see a local. I see a location that's inhabited by freakish monsters and demons. Consider supporting skullfungus on Patreon. I also recommend picking up his adventure Spores of the Sad Shroom. You can also see his work in many of the releases by Planet X Games.



No comments:

Post a Comment