Saturday, September 18, 2021

Mork Borg

Mork Borg ( for "Dark Fort") is one of those games I avoided because of the hype. I thought the game looked original and stylish as Hell, but I guess I felt it was too metal for me. Maybe it is more metal than I normally dig, but damn is is awesome!

The game is absolutely gorgeous. If I remember correctly the art is all public domain stuff that's been modified to look like it belongs on a doom metal album cover. While there is great substance in the tome, this one is definitely focused on style. There are some great design choice. Like Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Mork Borg uses the inside covers to present useful rules and classic OSR random charts. There's also a really feature of the book. Keep the book in light and then put in a dark room and look at the spine. 

The setting of Mork Borg is a dying world. The end times are coming. It's not a clearly defined world, but that works. There's so much here to use to build your version of this dying land. The book contains all the rules you need to play the game. It also includes an interesting adventure that gives a great ash-filled taste of the game.

I could go on and on about how cool this game is, but I won't. If  you want a better true review of the game, check out Questing Beast's video. Get your own copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment