Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Update On The Halls

As I mentioned in a recent post, it's been hard to create. The recent OGL controversy has caused me to feel burnout in regards to 5e. I know WotC has backpedaled and creators have banded together to make something new. All of that's great, but it doesn't make me want to mess with 5e (my typical system of choice) at the moment. I've also been dealing with some mental health issues that were exacerbated by feeling like I was stuck in a job I didn't enjoy and not being able to work in the field I love. I am happy to announce a change on that front as I've accepted a library manager position for a fantastic university. Web-Archivist is going back to school. 

Due to my 5e related burnout, I've decided I really wanted to check out Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition to scratch my superhero itch. Since its the system just uses d6's, I've decided to get supers themed dice to use. Here's what I plan on getting.

Batman (technically already have these)

If you know of any other superhero/comic d6's I could grab, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Channelling the positivity around your exciting new job into your gaming can only be a good thing. Looking forward to seeing your P&P projects and whatever else this new burst of energy brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your enthusiasm for 5E is down, but it looks like you're channeling that extra energy well. Huge congrats on the new gig! And...my quick perusal of the P&P rules makes me think that the dice made for the old West End Games DC Universe game MIGHT be able to work for it. It was based on the D6 Legend system, which uses successes/failures in a dice pool system. I actually don't think the success/failure ratios line up right quite right (maybe something can be tweaked there?), but they're cool dice anyway...!

    https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/110246/dc-universe-hero-dice

    ReplyDelete