Monday, July 10, 2023

Twisted Metal

I never really played the Twisted Metal games, but I loved watching other people play them. Inspired by movies like Death Race 2000, the vehicle combat franchise is a Playstation classic. The video games centered around a tournament which granted the winner their greatest wish. I was cautiously optimistic when I saw Peacock was making a series. The new series seems to be keeping the wish premise, but is eschewing the tournament and supernatural. The series is starring Captain America himself, Anthony Mackie, as John Doe, a driver charged with delivery a package through the wastelands. Additionally, the series stars Stephanie Beatriz, Thomas Haden Church, and Richard Cabral. I'm most looking forward to the series most iconic character, the killer clown Sweet Tooth, who's physically played by wrestler Samoa Joe and voiced by Will Arnett.

The first of ten episodes debuts July 27 on Peacock.


No comments:

Post a Comment