Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Overwatch 2 Animated Shorts and Cinematics

As I said yesterday, I wanted to share the more current Overwatch animation.  

The Wastelander features Junker Queen and a cameo by Junk Rat (who was one of my favorite characters when I played). 
Kirkiko focuses on the titular character protecting her home. Next to Soldier 76's hero, this might be my favorite and is one of the best superhero-esque shorts.
Calling features brand new hero Sojourn and ties directly into the games new Invasion story, while also tapping into the history of the setting.

Zero Hour was the announcement cinematic for Overwatch 2 and a fantastic short full of heart. Not going to spoil all the characters in it, but this is one of those videos that gave me inspirational tingles.
Fight the Invasion is the new story trailer and deals with the attack by the villainous Null Sector (who are discussed in the Overwatch Genesis shorts).

This live action trailer for the Invasion storyline introduces the Enigma... who's played by John Cena! <queue Cena's theme>

Another Invasion trailer that gives a bit more story to the event and shows off new game features.

No comments:

Post a Comment