Sunday, February 2, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop - Day 2

(Reposting because I had serious formatting issues that I couldn't fix.)

First person who you introduced to D&D. Which edition? Their first character?

The first person I introduced to D&D was my friend Devan Toppings. Growing up he was more a nuisance than a friend (and I hate to admit that). Our mom's went to school together, so I had to hang out with him. He was two years younger (my little sister's age). As we got older, we grew closer and now he's like my little brother. We played video games and Magic: The Gathering together and when in high school he asked me if I could teach him to play D&D. I agreed and he had his mom buy him a few books and dice. I laugh because his first books were a 2nd Edition Player's Handbook and the Complete Book of Elves. These were my first books as well. We sat down and made his character.

He made Reis. I don't remember much of the backstory, but Reis was an elven ranger. We played a few (forgettable) sessions, but he did seem to really love the game. He would go on to play Reis more (and it 3rd edition). Actually Reis has met Will and Ulic. I'm not really sure what become of him. Last I heard he was some sort of global defender of nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment