Saturday, April 4, 2015

A-Z Challenge - D is for Devil Dinosaur

I've done a few Marvel DCC posts on this blog. I have write-ups for Nightcrawler, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon. Today, Devil Dinosaur joins that cast of illustrious comic book characters.

I'd heard the name before, but I didn't really know much about Devil Dinosaur until I met Tribe One. You can download his anamanaGANGSTA//Devil Rhymosaur ep for free by going to this link.

Unless something changes my mind, M will be for Moon-Boy.

Devil Dinosaur

Devil Dinosaur is a mutant dinosaur from an alternate version of earth. He is stronger and tougher than the rest of his species. Despite his savage appearance, he's also as intelligent as an average human. Devil Dinosaur and his ape-like companion Moon-Boy. The pair are inseparable.

Devil Dinosaur: Init +6, Atk bite +10 melee (1d12); AC 21; HD 6d12; hp 60; MV 50'; Act 2d20; SP crit on 19-20; SV damage reduction, 5; Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +6; AL L

Devil Dinosaur uses the dragon critical hit table.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap, he had his own comic? How many issues did it run??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did indeed. I wasn't a huge comic book fan when I was a kid but if it had anything vaguely resembling a dinosaur or kaiju, I would pick it up. I used to have the whole run (I donated them with the rest of my meager comics collection to the Salvation Army several years ago.). I think it was 13 issues including one where Devil & Moon Boy teamed up with Godzilla who had been dimensionally teleported to the alternate Earth. I remember Godzilla was still suffering from the effects of a shrink ray so he was roughly the same height as Devil for most of the issue.

      Delete
  2. We remember seeing these "Devil Dinosaur" comics as s kid,...
    Cool Post,,,
    By the way Is my "Crypt" (my blog) on the A to Z list...???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Marvel. Really?... XD
    Good writeup!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete