Saturday, January 23, 2021

Them's Monsters!

 I could have sworn I reviewed this before, but looking back, apparently I didn't. Them's Monsters was Josh Burnett's contribution to Zine Quest 2. The zine was created for Dungeons Crawl Classics. Josh did all the writing and illustrations. Before I let you know what's in this one, I'm must going to say it now. 

BUY THIS ZINE!

Josh's writing and art are top tier. There's so much content here and it's all stylish af. I don't care if you don't play DCC, you're still going to enjoy this one.

The zine begins and ends with a comic about Moonblossom and Chance, two mercenaries that really only care for coin and a good time. What's great about this comic is that there are stats at the bottom of each page for monsters shown in it.

There are 20 new monsters. They are all unique (some of them literally) and each has a great illustration. Because of Crepuscular, those of us that knew Josh's work expected there to be at least one snail. I'm happy to say we weren't let down.  All of the monsters are interesting. I think one of my favorites is a nice tribute monster, the Eyeless Dead.

There is a new race/class in the zine. The dungle are humanoid dung beetles that dwell in the crepuscular city. They are a nice blend of thief, dwarf, and halfling. The zine also has a two page 0-level funnel adventure, Grist for the Mill. 

 What are you waiting for? Grab your copy here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment