Friday, October 1, 2021

October Horror Movie Challenge - Bad Candy (2021)

 Plot
It's Halloween night in New Salem, Massachusetts and dj's Chilly Billy and Paul regale their listeners of FM 66.6 with dark tales and local legends.

Review
I wanted to start the challenge off with a Halloween anthology. The trailer for this one looked interested and the DJs are played musician Corey Taylor and Gremlin's Zach Galligan. There are some interesting stories and the effects and cinematography are great. The creatures look fantastic and the demons are top notch. Overall, the stories just fell kind of flat to me. It wasn't that they were bad, I just couldn't get into them like I did with Trick'r'Treat or Tales of Halloween. The stories are interconnected, but not as seamlessly as those. I think the later stories are better and the one with Lenny is my favorite. Overall I won't say that this is a bad horror anthology, it's just not as good as I was hoping.

In Your Game
Lenny
Armor Class: 17
Hit Dice/Points: 12 (60 HP)
Move: 18, Fly 24
Actions: 2
Attack: Claws (1d8), Bite (1d6)
Bonuses: +6 to Melee attacks, +4 to damage
Special: Any damage done to living things with Lenny's bite attack heals him that much damage.
Morale: 10
Terror: 14
HDE: 9

Lenny and his friends would be a great addition to any SURVIVE THIS horror game (even Zombies!) or Vigilante City. 

Movie Count
New To Me: 1
Total Movies: 1

2 comments:

  1. Here we go! Great start. Looking forward to seeing what you're watching throughout the month.

    ReplyDelete